The New Zealand Chefs Association Inc. is a member of WorldChefs and was the first Association to establish professional chefs training in this country.
Our involvement in the Foodservice Industry extends to representation with the Service IQ, New Zealand Beef and Lamb, Polytechnic representation throughout the country
and the NZChefs Scholarship for continuing education for trainee chefs within training industry programs.
We offer the following memberships:
• Full Membership: A person with at least five years cooking experience acceptable to NZChefs, or who has completed a training programme that is recognized by NZChefs.
• Associate Membership: A person, who in the opinion of the executive (branch or national), may be of benefit to the aims and objectives of NZChefs, may apply for membership.
• Training Membership: Training membership shall be open to any person who is currently tertiary training in the Culinary Arts.
• Student Membership: Student membership shall be open to any person who is currently enrolled at secondary school with an interest in the Culinary Arts.
• Establishment Membership: A single kitchen/restaurant, at one location, with up to 5 chefs, cooks, patissiers, and/or confectioners.
• Secondary School Membership: Secondary Schools teaching students in the Culinary Arts / Hospitality, up to three teachers.
• Corporate Member: Companies that support NZChefs aims and objectives.
We offer the following benefits to our members:
• Sponsorship and organization National, Regional and International Salon Culinary Competitions.
• Specialized workshops on industry trends and open forum discussions.
• Regular trade evenings sponsored by key corporate companies and hosted by your local branches.
• Eight copies of “Plate”, the official newsletter of the Association.
• Travel opportunities with our international chef exchange programs.
• The ability to be eligible based on criteria, to apply for selection to the NZChefs representative teams.
• Education opportunities such as, Food Costing & Menu Engineering, Beef and Lamb Cuts, "How to Prepare for Competitions" and Judging Qualifications.
• The ability to seek funding from your branch to attend cookery related education, conferences, congresses both within New Zealand and overseas.
• NZChefs promotional clothing & merchandise.
• Members discount card – exclusive discounts for members at retailers throughout NZ... Read More
• National Conference held bi-annually, throughout New Zealand.
• 2017 conference to be held in Dunedin.
• Our own website www.nzchefs.org.nz, and Facebook pages, https://www.facebook.com/nzchefsassociation
• A membership card, certificate, NZChefs pin and cloth badge.
Thank you for taking the time to consider joining the NZChefs. Please contact 0800 NZCHEF (0800 692433) or firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any further information.
Please Note: You must be a member of NZChefs and logged in to view NZChefs documents, Plate, register a job....
Refer a Friend
"It is great to be a member of NZChefs, it’s a really good chance to join many different Restaurants and get some nice experience for my cooking future in the time that I am staying in New Zealand."