Passionate, enthusiastic and ready to lead our professional hard working team on its food journey. Located in the midst of NZ’s largest wine growing region in a stunning environment.
Nestled in the midst of New Zealand's largest wine growing region having a vineyard onsite, the development of our large vegetable gardens to provide even more for our kitchen and a climate
that is conducive to creating an abundance of produce from the land and an amazing array of seafood from the nearby coast for our very talented Chef and Front of House teams. Recognised for their skills in showcasing the bounty from the region with a Hat in the NZ Cuisine awards this year this is just the start of our exciting food, wine journey. To us hospitality is, and always has been, about people, our guests, our team, our suppliers, our families and how we make them feel Our growing and constantly evolving business is now looking to welcome a passionate, personable Head Chef skilled in leading, orchestrating and delivering food experiences at our restaurant Harvest.
The ideal candidate will need to show experience in some or all of the following areas:
• You will need to show experience as first in command creating and inspecting dishes before they arrive at
the customers ensuring high quality and contentment.
• Proven experience as Head Chef
• Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
• Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
• Control and direction the food preparation process and any other relative activities
• Construct menus with new and/or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
that we are known for
• Approve and “polish” dishes before they reach the customer
• Plan orders of equipment, ingredients according to identified requirements
• Arrange for repairs when necessary
• Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
• Be fully in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
• Experience in budgeting, setting KPI’s, monitoring and reporting monthly results
• Ability to lead and work as part of our team
• Outstanding communication and leadership skills both verbally and written
• Good understanding of useful computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
• Credentials in health and safety training
• Degree in Culinary science or related certificate
• Well developed decision making and problem solving skills
• Ability to provide memorable experiences for our guests
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to build relationships with new and existing suppliers
• Be enthusiastic, proactive, flexible and driven to achieve agreed business goals
• Ability to develop, build and lead a happy harmonious team that delivers on the businesses promise of being
“a world class food & wine destination”.
The Marlborough region is extraordinary with arguably the most sunshine hrs in NZ, vineyards as far as you can see surrounded by mountains, hills and the magnificent Marlborough Sounds, with its pristine waterways there is much on offer here. This region provides the opportunity to create a wonderful life in New Zealand and being easily accessible to the major cities through the local Blenheim airport you can be connected as much or as little as you wish. We look forward to hearing from those that are enthusiastic, passionate and who would like to lead our kitchen on its food journey and who would enjoy becoming part of our passionate, fun and professional team.