Senior Sous Chef
Nova has an emphasis on fantastic produce from our region, with a regularly changing menu based on the seasons. Nova is also embarking on a major overhaul in the next 6 months to bring the aesthetic experience inline with the food and service offering.
As the Sous Chef you will in the absence of the Head Chef, manage the kitchen and ensure a high and consistent standard of food is always delivered.
You will require experience in the following:
- Understanding of stock control and experience
- Food Safety and impeccable hygiene practices
- At least 2 years relevant prior experience in high-quality properties/restaurants
- Hold a relevant industry qualification - Level 5 preferred
- Experience in a variety of different establishments essential
- Ordering food supplies.
As well as:
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Being available to work a variety of shifts, evenings, weekends
- Having a passion for culinary trends
- The ability to build and maintain trusted and respectful work relationships
- A calm demeanour
- Confident in providing input to our Head Chef Marcus Verberne
About Marcus Verberne
In 2008, Marcus joined Brown's Hotel in Mayfair as Head Chef of Hix at The Albemarle. He became Executive Chef there in 2010. Two years later he was named Head Chef at Roast in The Borough Market - bringing out his first book Roast: A Very British Cookbook (Absolute Press) in 2013. He joined 67 Pall Mall as part of the founding team in 2015 and published his second book Wine and Food, The Perfect Match, co-written with the Club's Head of Wine, Ronan Sayburn MS, in 2020.