176 Cumberland Street , The Rocks Sydney NSW 2000 Australia - firstname.lastname@example.org
Rocks Teppanyaki (since 1992) is a 56 seat establishment that serves traditional Japanese Teppanyaki (we DO NOT throw food). Chefs provide attentive service, to provide great experiences and strive to deliver a high quality interactive dining experience for our customers.
We seek a vibrant self-starter looking to advance their skills and deliver high quality dining in ways not experienced by customer before and be part of a team in a busy restaurant.
Ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the following :
Work, Health & Safety
- Maintain safety of self and team at all times
- Check operational readiness of equipment before and after duty, and ensure that kitchen equipment is working properly and operated as per instructions
- Liaise with the General Manager (GM) when incidents or near misses occur in the workplace and ensure all documents regarding an incident or near miss are properly recorded, collected and sent to the GM within 24 hours
- If an incident is serious (i.e. laceration of a limb, disfigurement or death), contact the GM (or in their absence, the CEO) immediately.
- Manage kitchen personnel (including effective management of rosters)
- Liaise with the GM regarding employment of staff
- Maintain an amicable working environment
- Establish a weekly management meeting with your key team members
- Delegate and roster staff on correct section or duties as business demands.
- Organise kitchen procedures
- Maintain orderly storage areas
- Source and purchase all food and dry goods
- Plan a la carte, set and function menus
- Record and collate recipes
- Cost menu dishes
- Be a hands-on operator who prepares food and cooks during service
- Rotate all stock
- Manage the kitchen efficiently and effectively
- Ensure only highest quality (grade, freshness) ingredients, per agreed standards, are used to produce menu items
- Set and maintain consistently high standards of food quality and presentation
- Prepare all dishes from the menu by adhering to all standard recipes
- Be precise with cooking time and temperatures of different food types (seafood, meat, vegetables)
- Maintain a food-safe kitchen at all times: temperature checks of stock; food storage to prevent bacterial growth; ensuring work tools and benches are sanitised to prevent cross contamination of raw and cooked food, seafood and poultry; and general hygiene of self
- Supervise and train all section staff.
- Maintain the kitchen food and labour cost as per set budget
- Review daily sales report with reference to sales, payroll cost and productivity and on a daily basis
- Compile an 'action plan' to address improvement of food and labour costs.
- Prepare sauces to accompany dishes
- Clean grill between dishes
- Prepare special dishes as advised by the GM
- Manage stock, i.e. ordering, receiving, control, taking
- Attend training arranged by the GM.
Full time, permanent role, average 40 hours a week.
Salary range $68,000 - $75,000 AUD