176 Cumberland Street , The Rocks Sydney NSW 2000 Australia - firstname.lastname@example.org
Rocks Teppanyaki (since 1992) is a 56 seat establishment that serves traditional Japanese Teppanyaki (we DO NOT throw food). Chefs provide attentive service, to provide great experiences and strive to deliver a high quality interactive dining experience for our customers.
We seek a vibrant self-starter looking to advance their skills and deliver high quality dining in ways not experienced by customer before and be part of a team in a busy restaurant.
- Fully qualified with good knowledge and skills in the traditional art of Japanese Teppanyaki cookery, including knife, spatula, flambé and grillwork skills and knowledge of Japanese foods and condiment
- Willing to work roster that includes days, evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Can work under pressures of business volume, with self-motivated, ‘can do’ attitude
- Can communicate well in English with personality and confidence to prepare, cook, present and explain the art form and the nature of such high quality dishes directly in front of guests
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a commercial kitchen environment, including 1 year cooking Teppanyaki
Salary and key benefits:
- salary will be commensurate with skills
- Well-known and respected brand
- Sydney CBD location
- Ensure the delivery of premium customer service.
- Control and Co-ordinate mise en place
- Ensure the production of food under your control is prepared and presented to the highest possible standards in presentation, taste and hygiene in line with Teppanyaki by Kobe Jones standards.
- Manage self to maximise performance of agreed tasks.
- Liaise with other team members to achieve the goals and desired outcomes of Teppanyaki by Kobe Jones, i.e. work with the team to deliver high quality service.
- Ensure that the highest standards are maintained at all times in all food production.
- Responsible for cleanliness and hygiene of the Teppanyaki kitchen and its equipment.
- Responsible for daily ordering, receipt, control and rotation of stock within the Teppanyaki kitchen.
- Report ALL equipment defects to Head Teppanyaki Chef (or in their absence, the Head Chef).
- Maintain a good rapport and effective communication with other kitchen and service staff, and senior management.
Full time, permanent role, average 38 hours a week.
Salary range $60,000 - $65,000 AUD
3 roles available