Started in 2015, the MIT Secondary School Competition allows students to showcase their culinary, baking or hospitality skills in a competition arena. Classes range from static presentations to live cookery, barista, and mocktail classes.
In 2021, the NZChefs Associations Auckland Branch are partnering with us to host the Regional competitions.
All competition classes are judged in accordance with the Guidelines for Culinary Arts and Restaurant Service Competitions available from the New Zealand Chefs Association.
Competitors are awarded a certificate of participation and where appropriate, the certificate will be endorsed accordingly as either Bronze, Silver or Gold.
Competitions will be held at the MIT School of Hospitality, Gate 14, Alexander Crescent, Otara.
Car Parking is available onsite, charges for car parking are $1 per hour or $4 per day.
All competitors are advised to read all of this section carefully.
- All entries must be on submitted via the official online entry form, via these links:
- No postal, email or other entries will be accepted. No liability can be accepted for entries lost or damaged.
- All entry fees will be invoiced to the school or training provider – please ensure you include a PO number with your entry(ies).
- Entry fee is $25 per competitor, per class for NZChefs Association Members (Join NZChefs here)
- Entry fee is $35 per competitor, per class for non-members
- If a competitor is undertaking assessment towards US 28106 & 28107, please contact MIT directly – email email@example.com
- Entries into classes are limited to two (2) representatives per school/provider.
- Exceptions to the entry limit are students who are part of the MIT School Partnership programme who are working towards units 28106 and 28107 as they need to enter particular classes in order to complete these units.
- Where a class is oversubscribed, entries will be accepted in the order in which they have been received.
- Classes may have more than one heat – competitors will be advised prior to the competition of their heat and time.
- The organisers reserve the right to rescind or modify any of the rules and conditions, and their interpretation of the rules is final.
Closing dates for Entries
- Entries close on Friday 18 June 2021